All parents can bring their child to class and encourage them to have fun and remind them to practice at home…however sometimes parents want to do more!
Here are three things you can do to help even without knowing anything about Irish Dance!!
Get them to stand randomly and work on turning their toes out to the side but not past their knees. When thought of it this way they turn their whole leg, from the hip, and it is safe. They can do this while simply brushing their teet
Ask them to skip through the house and remind them to cross their knees. This can be done when you need sometime from the other room or they are on their way to the toilet.
When sitting at the dinner table, remind them to sit up with shoulders back.
Bonus: While reading books or watching TV or the iPod, dancers can sit and stretch.
1. Certified instructor with experience in all dance classes.
2. Safe environment for dancers and family.
3. Opportunities for dancers to show and shine either competitively or recreationally.
4. No explicit lyrics in the music
5. Really amazing, colourful and sparkly, modest costumes.